If you are getting ready to list your home, there are a few simple things you can do to really amp up the appeal.
1. Paint. This is one of the easiest ways to update the look of your home before you list it. Crisp, neutral colors are always bests. Or, freshen up the paint you have on the walls already. Paint over those scuffs.
2. Tidy the Exterior: This is the first thing buyers see, so it has to pop. Add some nice plants. Sweep the leaves and twigs off of the front porch. Have bright bulbs in the outside lights. It's the little things that make all the difference.
3. Prep the Kitchen. Make sure the kitchen is as updated and uncluttered as possible. If you don't want want to update the appliances, make sure it is clean and smells inviting. Bake bread or cookies before the showing. Or light candles that smell like baking cookies.
4. Clean the Bathroom. Make sure you throughly clean your bathroom. Also pay attention to all those little problems, like a leaky faucet, or stained grout. These are quick fixes that can really help a sell.
5. Amp up the Lighting; Make sure that your house is well lit. Replace any dead bulbs. High efficiency light bulbs are a plus here, as viewers will most likely turn on and leave on, the lights.
6. Clean your floors. Polish or refinish hardwood floors. Mop and wax titles. Vacuum and clean the carpets.
7. Have a pre-sale inspection. The earlier you have a pre-inspection, the sooner you know about all the little areas in the house that need to be fixed before it is sold. This cuts down on delays down the road.